Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piezoelectric modelling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I want to model a piezoelectric stack which needs to be excited by an actuation force which is random and I have the force vs time data and I need to apply it to a boundary and connection is to be done in 3-3 mode. Please tell me how to apply the load f you know the force vs time data.

2 Replies Last Post 30 juil. 2012, 14:30 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 janv. 2012, 02:13 UTC−5
Hi,

you can define a function using the force vs time data and apply a boundary load, i.e. the resulting pressure on the boundary surface. You use the function then in a transient study. If you do a 2D study the surface load (pressure) must be converted to an edge load i.e. force/length.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, you can define a function using the force vs time data and apply a boundary load, i.e. the resulting pressure on the boundary surface. You use the function then in a transient study. If you do a 2D study the surface load (pressure) must be converted to an edge load i.e. force/length. Cheers Edgar

Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 juil. 2012, 14:30 UTC−4
Hi Edgar,

Can you please let me know how can I define the time for ultrasonic simulation in comsol? Right now, I am using the frequency domain study but the results I am getting are very high pressure for water and very low pressure for air.

I would highly appreciate any of your response.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Edgar, Can you please let me know how can I define the time for ultrasonic simulation in comsol? Right now, I am using the frequency domain study but the results I am getting are very high pressure for water and very low pressure for air. I would highly appreciate any of your response. Thanks in advance.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.