Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Errors:Undefined value found Linsolv, NaN or Inf found when solving linear system using SOR

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Respect Sir or Madam, I have built a 3Dmodel of two-phase flow, But when I was doing transient calculations, the report had a warning: Failed to sample error estimate, use initial value estimate, and then the calculation Errors:Undefined value found Linsolv, NaN or Inf found when solving linear system using SOR. However, when i use a 2Dmodel with the same mesh, boundary conditions and time step, the calculation results are normal. And I have also tried to refine the mesh, using smaller time steps and reducing the initial time step, but the error message still appears. I really want to know the reason, sincerely hope you can give some suggestions and look forward to your reply. Thank you very much.

0 Replies Last Post 6 janv. 2020, 02:46 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 思琪 郭

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.