Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Junction point movement of moving boundary (or corrosion) problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL community and viewers, - I was hoping you could provide a clear concept to help with the topic below.

I am working on the numerical simulation of a pitting corrosion process.  Essentially we solve a Moving Boundary problem in a domain.  The solution on a portion of the boundary of the domain then gives a normal velocity for that portion.  Essentially to define the direction of movement at each node we use vertex normal vectors, but there are some issues with the movement of the “corners” (the transition point between moving and non-moving portions of the boundary) of the moving boundary.

My questions are as follows:    

• How does COMSOL work for the transition or junction point movement?    
  • Does COMSOL use any normal velocity (or any other techniques) at the junction point movement?   

• What kind of a front tracking algorithm uses in COMSOL?   

• Is it possible to solve this issue using COMSOL? How?

Advance thanks for suggestion and opinion!.  

0 Replies Last Post 5 sept. 2019, 17:22 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Abu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.