Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to do Position Dependent Concentration for TDS in COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In COMSOL, I have a flat plate with an irregular surface. Flux of a dilute species is occurring across the irregular surface boundary (in 2D) and I'm looking to define the concentration of the dilute species at the boundary. However, the concentration is not a set value and changes with the y position on the boundary (relative to a fixed point in the geometry).

I have the equation created as a variable in COMSOL, but when I try to call the variable in the concentration tab under the TDS module, the program gives me an error. I know that the setup is correct, because when the concentration is a fixed value, the program converges. What I need help with is making the concentration a variable and not a parameter. My COMSOL experience is limited so, I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

p.s. In the file, I'm using a flat plate instead of the irregular surface just to get started and get the math working.

0 Replies Last Post 4 sept. 2019, 16:03 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anna Hamilton

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.