Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About External Function in Livelink with Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the users' guide, it is suggested as bellow to allow comsol run External Function for livelink with matlab: In the COMSOL Desktop go to the Preferences and select Security, in the General section select Allow external MATLAB© functions. Then click OK. In the COMSOL Server, you need to connect as administrator then go to Administration>Preferences, in the Security section set Allow external MATLAB© functions to On. Then click OK.

but little information is provided about how to connect as administrator on a server. Actually, little information is provided about anything of the serve. Where can I learn about command for comsol server.

Also, it is said, Add the flag -allowexternalmatlab on to the COMSOL start-up command to enable external processes., to use command to make it happen alternatively. But where should I carry out the COMSOL start-up command? And where should I add the flag? Is it some sort of prompt that I didn't notice?

0 Replies Last Post 11 août 2019, 14:27 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yansong Chen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.