Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to calculate the area or volume surrounded by contour ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi! ,friend. Such as the title ,my comsol version is 4.1.
Thank you very much!

3 Replies Last Post 14 févr. 2015, 11:20 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 sept. 2011, 01:50 UTC−4
Hi

intop(1) over a domain gives a volume (in 3D) over a boundary gives you the area (in 3D), decrease the dimension by 1 for 2D models

intop(1) means the integration over the defined (selected) domain (resp boundary ...) of 1*dx*dy*dz

Which is the definition of a mathematical way to calculate the volume respectively the surface, no ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi intop(1) over a domain gives a volume (in 3D) over a boundary gives you the area (in 3D), decrease the dimension by 1 for 2D models intop(1) means the integration over the defined (selected) domain (resp boundary ...) of 1*dx*dy*dz Which is the definition of a mathematical way to calculate the volume respectively the surface, no ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 13 févr. 2015, 10:08 UTC−5
Okay, this question is old, but I haven't found any answers on the net yet. The way to do it is use the intop funciton but, don't select 1, but your boundary. Such as intop(T>300[K])
Okay, this question is old, but I haven't found any answers on the net yet. The way to do it is use the intop funciton but, don't select 1, but your boundary. Such as intop(T>300[K])

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago 14 févr. 2015, 11:20 UTC−5
Hi

have you checked some of the ideas discussed here ?
www.comsol.eu/community/forums/general/thread/32577

And at some time, I believe there was an example of a volume estimation from the contour integral if the normal (Greens theorem) all linked to this example:
www.comsol.eu/model/hyperelastic-seal-206

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked some of the ideas discussed here ? http://www.comsol.eu/community/forums/general/thread/32577 And at some time, I believe there was an example of a volume estimation from the contour integral if the normal (Greens theorem) all linked to this example: http://www.comsol.eu/model/hyperelastic-seal-206 -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.