Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Data extraction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,
Is there any good way to extract data from the post-processed model?
I have a sphere in 3D, with a dipole in the centre of it. Although i can observe the potential distribution on the outer layer of the sphere, but when it comes to extract that data horrible things start to happen.
I tried to extract data using domain plot parameters?Line/Extrusion
However, the data i get is not in a uniform order. I would like to get potential distribution data from let’s say (0,0,0.1) ,where x=0, y=0 and z=0.1 (the radius of the sphere) , while following the arc of the circle to let’s say (0,0,-0.1). in that way i can have data on one of the Edge sections.
Thanks
Salman

0 Replies Last Post 11 déc. 2009, 06:37 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Salman Shahid

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.