Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface-to-surface radiation BC on a translational motion domain's boundary

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone

I have one quick question for you : I'm working with the Heat transfer module, and I would like to know if it is possible to apply a surface to surface radiation BC to a boundary belonging to a solid using "translational motion"?
I tried with one and I got a non convergent analysis, telling me :

"Undefined value found.
- Detail: Undefined value found in the equation residual vector.
There are 4107 degrees of freedom giving NaN/Inf in the vector for the variable mod1.J ".

When I disable the two facing radiative BC, there is no issues (but also no radiation which bothers me a lot).

So I would like to know if anyone experienced those troubles or if there is something I do wrong. Just for information I have another radiation BC in my model and it doesn't trouble the analysis, because I know that for instance in 4.1 you can't apply radtiation BC on a surface which is a turbulent flow wall...

Thank you for your time, have a good day!!

1 Reply Last Post 5 août 2011, 10:53 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 août 2011, 10:53 UTC−4
my bad I tried with a simplier model and it worked pretty good, so the error is elsewhere....
my bad I tried with a simplier model and it worked pretty good, so the error is elsewhere....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.