Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

creep Fatigue in solder Joints

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, im using Comsol 5.3a (academic Licence) and im trying to simulate the creep Fatige (Deformation) in solder Joints. Im Using in my modell a FR4-PCB with a normal SMD-Resistor and for the solder Joint im using SnAgCu. what should i do to simukate the Fatige dependent on the temperature? Is it possible to do this with the academic tool kit ?

thanks al lot Regards

2 Replies Last Post 26 nov. 2018, 07:54 UTC−5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 26 nov. 2018, 04:54 UTC−5

Hi Amir,

An academic license does not differ from a commercial one in terms of functionality. It is a matter of which products your license contains. You need at least Nonlinear Structural Materials Module, and preferably also Fatigue module.

To see which products you have, select Licensed and Used Products.

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi Amir, An academic license does not differ from a commercial one in terms of functionality. It is a matter of which products your license contains. You need at least Nonlinear Structural Materials Module, and preferably also Fatigue module. To see which products you have, select **Licensed and Used Products**. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 6 years ago 26 nov. 2018, 07:54 UTC−5

Hello Henrik, thans for the reply. But so far as i know tha creep fatigue can't be simulated with the academic Kit Licence. Can i simulate Fatigue with the solder mechanics or should i use another category ?

Cheers, Amir

Hello Henrik, thans for the reply. But so far as i know tha creep fatigue can't be simulated with the academic Kit Licence. Can i simulate Fatigue with the solder mechanics or should i use another category ? Cheers, Amir

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.