Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Different results for each scan when using direct solver?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get the far field scattering off a gold nanoparticle array, and I've set it up as in the attached with an auxilary sweep for changing wavelength. Weirdly, when I run it one time (direct solver, MUMPS) I'll get one set of results, and then another completely differe (3 orders of magnitude) set of results for the same model under the same parameters for different wavelengths! The strangest part is it's only for the variable emw.normEfar, the variable I'm using for absorption (emw.Qh) works perfectly. I'm tearing my hair out, but it's probably something simple. Any advice appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 3 avr. 2018, 20:16 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Danielle Bennett

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.