Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Union is disconnected and has 2 components

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a following issue. When I build the final union of the geometry, I see following message: "Formed union of 11 objects. Union is disconnected and has 2 components."

It is not an error and only appears in the Messages window. You can see it if you click "Build Selected" on the Union.

However, I think that this is the reason of my following problems. When I add a port (coaxial) to the model, the resulting calculated field is 0 everywhere (Electromagnetic Waves, Frequency Domain). I have another similar model which worked before, and there the final union is without that problem.

Is there a way to troubleshoot such things? The geometry is complex and consists of many small parts, so I was not able to find the discontinuity myself so far.

Thanks for any suggestions, Mari

1 Reply Last Post 2 févr. 2018, 15:12 UTC−5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2 févr. 2018, 15:12 UTC−5

Mari,

if the last step in the sequence (Difference 9) before the final Form Union is disabled the problem disappears. You may want to check this step.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Mari, if the last step in the sequence (Difference 9) before the final Form Union is disabled the problem disappears. You may want to check this step. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.