Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sets of parameters

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In my area, I often have to workd of two or more devices that are builts the same way, but with many differences in dimensions. For exemple, this can be two transducers, one working around 3 MHz, one 5 MHz. Some dimensions will be the same (for exemple, the thickness on the circuit board behind the piezoelectric part), but most will change, through not proportionally.

for exemple, the width of the 5 MHz element might be 150 µm, vs 250 µm for the 3 MHz. Similar for all other dimensions. However, exept for dimensions, everything is the same : materials, physics, probes, calculations, functions...

Presently, if i want to model work on both, I've two solutions.

• I can duplicate my model, have two .mph files. That's not ideal, because each improvement to the model will have to be done for both files.
  • I can change manually each geometrical parameter each time I want to switch between the 3 Mhz and 5Mhz designs. That's error-prone, i'm likely to let one unchanged.
  • I can save the two sets of parameters as txt files but i've to delete all doubly-defined parameters each time i load a file.

A great improvement would be to be able to create two or more tabs in the 'parameters' tab. Or several "value" columns in the paramters table. So I could have two or more values for each parameter, And I could easily swhitch from one set to another without losing any data.

1 Reply Last Post 31 janv. 2018, 08:21 UTC−5
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 31 janv. 2018, 08:21 UTC−5

Cyril,

You can use Boolean algebra to define various geomety parameters depending on operation conditions, as shown in the attached image.

Regards, Sergei

Cyril, You can use Boolean algebra to define various geomety parameters depending on operation conditions, as shown in the attached image. Regards, Sergei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.