Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Specifying velocity of rotating wall in 2D axisymetric model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

How to specify a roating wall for a 2D axisymetric model?

I am able to simulate this for 3D model (image attached) but not for 2D model.

I am attaching my working 2D file. Please have a look.

1 Reply Last Post 9 nov. 2017, 08:45 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 9 nov. 2017, 08:45 UTC−5
Updated: 7 years ago 9 nov. 2017, 08:48 UTC−5

What you are trying to simulate in called a swirl flow. After you check the "swirl flow" checkbox in the Settings window for your Laminar Flow node, you will see that you Wall nodes give you the option to specify an out-of-plane velocity.

Note that this capability is part of the CFD Module (turbulent and laminar case) and Microfluidics Module (laminar case).

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
What you are trying to simulate in called a swirl flow. After you check the "swirl flow" checkbox in the Settings window for your Laminar Flow node, you will see that you Wall nodes give you the option to specify an out-of-plane velocity. Note that this capability is part of the CFD Module (turbulent and laminar case) and Microfluidics Module (laminar case). Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.