Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 4.1 Failed to Evaluate Variable ERROR

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm using Comsol 4.1, the Heat Transfer module. I'm thermally modeling an embedded power amplifier chip in substrate. My study is not finishing because I'm getting the following error messages. All my material properties are defined, so it is not stemming from that. Any thoughts?

Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: mat.k22
- Geometry: 1
- Domain: 40 41 42 43 44 54 55 56 57 58 63 64 68 69 70 71 72 76 77 82 83 84 357 358
- Variable: mod1.ht.kyy
- Defined as: mat.k22
- Variable: mod1.ht.k_effyy
- Defined as: mod1.ht.kyy
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: d((-mod1.ht.k_effxx*mod1.Tx*test(mod1.Tx)-mod1.ht.k_effyy*mod1.Ty*test(mod1.Ty)-mod1.ht.k_effzz*mod1.Tz*test(mod1.Tz))*(dvol),{test@1})

Thanks for your help

1 Reply Last Post 24 mars 2011, 16:50 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 mars 2011, 16:50 UTC−4
Hi

could it be that you have an isotropic material, but you hae defined your physics for an anisotropic one ?,
i.e. if you mix isotropic and anistropic materials, you must add a second linear material node, one for the isotropic, and one for the anisotropic materials.

But this might not be the issue, it is certainly related to a material efinition though

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi could it be that you have an isotropic material, but you hae defined your physics for an anisotropic one ?, i.e. if you mix isotropic and anistropic materials, you must add a second linear material node, one for the isotropic, and one for the anisotropic materials. But this might not be the issue, it is certainly related to a material efinition though -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.