Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Importing x,y,z coordinates via 'Mesh' to build a 3D geometry?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi people

I have x,y,z coordinates in .xls and .txt files, I converted them into .dat, at which I can import at 'Mesh' (maybe I was wrong?), but obviously I failed to see any outcomes upon clicking 'build all' or 'compute' at 'Study'. fyi, I did declare coordinate system at 'definition' and make sure that all coordinate names are the same as that in .dat files.

Kindly advise.

many thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 24 mars 2011, 16:48 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 mars 2011, 16:48 UTC−4
Hi

check/search the forum there are many threads about this. That is becausea "mesh" is no geometry in the sens of COMSOL. YOu apply the physics and BC's to a "element" such as a block, cube sphere ... then you mish this entity.

If you import a mesh you need first to reconstruct it into a higher order geometry Entity

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check/search the forum there are many threads about this. That is becausea "mesh" is no geometry in the sens of COMSOL. YOu apply the physics and BC's to a "element" such as a block, cube sphere ... then you mish this entity. If you import a mesh you need first to reconstruct it into a higher order geometry Entity -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.