Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Uniform lumped port should be placed between two conductive boundaries. - Feature: Type: Lumped Port Tag: lport1 Operation: LumpedPort (lport1)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Comsol

I'm trying to find the resonance frequency of spiral multiturn coil. Im getting an error in the lumped port.

Uniform lumped port should be placed between two conductive boundaries. - Feature: Type: Lumped Port Tag: lport1 Operation: LumpedPort (lport1)

I dont know why i getting this error since the lumped port is placed between two conductive boundaries..

I have attactehed the 3D simulation.

Br Sakaria Omar Ahmed

2 Replies Last Post 7 nov. 2017, 10:21 UTC−5
Nirmal Paudel Tribhuvan University/Electrical Engineering

Posted: 7 years ago 6 nov. 2017, 08:59 UTC−5

Hi Sakaria,

After reviewing your model file, it apprears that it is more appropriate to use the "User Defined" Lumped Port as done in this Dipole Antenna Example. Please take a look at this example carefully and apply the same to your model. https://www.comsol.com/model/dipole-antenna-8715

Goood Luck.

Best Regards, Nirmal Paudel

Hi Sakaria, After reviewing your model file, it apprears that it is more appropriate to use the "User Defined" Lumped Port as done in this Dipole Antenna Example. Please take a look at this example carefully and apply the same to your model. https://www.comsol.com/model/dipole-antenna-8715 Goood Luck. Best Regards, Nirmal Paudel

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 years ago 7 nov. 2017, 10:21 UTC−5

Sakaria,

one of the boundaries close to the port boundaries is not properly set to PEC. I didn't check anything else. Well the port seems to be a little long for 1 GHz.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Sakaria, one of the boundaries close to the port boundaries is not properly set to PEC. I didn't check anything else. Well the port seems to be a little long for 1 GHz. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.