Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How does comsol decides to choose a model (or its part) as a boundary or domain?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

how does comsol decides to choose a model (or its part) as a boundary or domain. I have created a 3D model of a circle and inside it there is a small, very thin rectangle. now comsol is taking the rectangle as a boundary and circle as a domain. Like if i choose explicit (right clicking on defination icon, then selection and then explicit) the circle will be consider as a domain whereas the rectangle inside it is as a boundary. The problem comes when i use the bio heat module, under bioheat module in the biological tissue, it only includes the domain of the model, no boundaries, i want that the rectangle should be included but that is not possible as comsol is taking the rectangle as a boundary. What should i do for including the rectangle in the domain ?

3 Replies Last Post 14 août 2017, 10:23 UTC−4

Posted: 7 years ago 12 août 2017, 13:42 UTC−4
I still don't know the solution... any help would be appreciated.
I still don't know the solution... any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 7 years ago 12 août 2017, 18:08 UTC−4
By circle, do you mean sphere?
By circle, do you mean sphere?

Posted: 7 years ago 14 août 2017, 10:23 UTC−4
Yes, that's a sphere.
I'm sorry for the confusion.
Yes, that's a sphere. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.