Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable static at zero

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi. I had a similar problem a few weeks ago, but I believe this is different. Sorry if I'm spamming up the forum.

I'm trying to see how a function varies. Forgive my mess, but I've uploaded my defined variables here:

i.imgur.com/173NE53.png

The surface charge is a spatial function processed from Matlab and another model. This defines the fermi level. The fermi level defines the variable "W" and "omega0", but omega0 also has a W dependence, so the fermi level should essentially cancel.

A study sweeps through "w" which is different from W. w is an angular frequency. Strictly speaking the system sweeps through lam0 which is then converted to w just by w=2*pi*c/lam0 ..

Everything else is a constant.

You can see here that W varies with w as expected.

i.imgur.com/uE4Kytr.png

However, when I change the variable to omega0, there is a value of omega0=0 for all w. This surely shouldn't be the case?

i.imgur.com/NLWzl8X.png

I'm happy to answer any further questions anyone has.

Thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post 15 avr. 2017, 19:32 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joshua Viggiani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.