Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using the data of solutions between different components

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,
In one COMSOL Model, I have different components (say, comp1, comp2, etc). I want use some results of comp1 within other components, e.g. comp2. In the second component, I have tried to get access to the result variable with this definition: root.comp1.ewfd1.neff (which is solved before and is stored in a separate solution). But it is not possible and COMSOL prompts that this is not known in this component scope. Generally, how can I get access to the result of a solution from other components?
Is there any expert that could help me, please?

1 Reply Last Post 5 avr. 2017, 01:19 UTC−4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 5 avr. 2017, 01:19 UTC−4
Hi,

You need to specify how to map it from one geometry to the other. Use some kind of coupling operator, like a General Extrusion, You can find several such examples in the Application Libraries,

Regards,
Henrik

Hi, You need to specify how to map it from one geometry to the other. Use some kind of coupling operator, like a General Extrusion, You can find several such examples in the Application Libraries, Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.