Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Division by zero

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Experts,

I had a problem on my model. I'm trying to calculate the diffusion of electrons in gas, I'm using the drift-diffusion from plasma physics. Please see bellow the error:

Division by zero.
- Function: /
Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable.
- Variable: comp1.dd.Te@VDN$comp1.Ne
- Defined as: (((1/(unit_m_cf^3))*exp(comp1.Ne))*3)*((-(comp1.dd.en*2))/((comp1.dd.ne*3)^2))
- Variable: comp1.dd.Dezz@VDN$comp1.Ne
- Defined as: ((((1/(unit_m_cf^3))*exp(comp1.Ne))*3)*((-(comp1.dd.en*2))/((comp1.dd.ne*3)^2)))*comp1.dd.muezz
- Variable: comp1.dd.dflux_nez@VDN$comp1.Ne
- Defined as: (((-((1/(unit_m_cf^3))*exp(comp1.Ne)))*comp1.dd.Dezz)+((((((1/(unit_m_cf^3))*exp(comp1.Ne))*3)*((-(comp1.dd.en*2))/((comp1.dd.ne*3)^2)))*comp1.dd.muezz)*(-comp1.dd.ne)))*comp1.Nez
- Variable: comp1.dd.gflux_nez@VDN$comp1.Ne
- Defined as: ((((1/(unit_m_cf^3))*exp(comp1.Ne))*comp1.dd.muezz)*d(comp1.dd.V,z))+((((-((1/(unit_m_cf^3))*exp(comp1.Ne)))*comp1.dd.Dezz)+((((((1/(unit_m_cf^3))*exp(comp1.Ne))*3)*((-(comp1.dd.en*2))/((comp1.dd.ne*3)^2)))*comp1.dd.muezz)*(-comp1.dd.ne)))*comp1.Nez)
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: (((((1/(unit_m_cf^3))*exp(comp1.Ne))*comp1.dd.muezz)*d(comp1.dd.V,z))+((((-((1/(unit_m_cf^3))*exp(comp1.Ne)))*comp1.dd.Dezz)+((((((1/(unit_m_cf^3))*exp(comp1.Ne))*3)*((-(comp1.dd.en*2))/((comp1.dd.ne*3)^2)))*comp1.dd.muezz)*(-comp1.dd.ne)))*comp1.Nez))*dvol
Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.
- Expression: dvol*comp1.dd.gflux_nez
Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.
- Expression: (-comp1.dd.ne*comp1.Net*test(comp1.Ne)+comp1.dd.gflux_nex*test(comp1.Nex)+comp1.dd.gflux_ney*test(comp1.Ney)+comp1.dd.gflux_nez*test(comp1.Nez))*(dvol)

Please let me know if what could be the reasons for such problems.

Thank you in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 14 mars 2017, 05:17 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Renato Negrao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.