Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Floquet type periodic boundary conditions in piezoelectric module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I am now trying to calculate acoustic waves in a periodic structure, so I need to apply Floquet type periodic boundary conditions.

I added the predefined piezoelectric devices module and it shows 2 modules (solid and electrostatics) and a multiphysics node coupling them.

The problem is, I can apply Floquet type periodic conditions (of u) in solid module but cannot apply them (of V) in the electrostatics module. There is no Floquet option.

As I remember in previous versions (such as 4.3) the piezoelectric devices module is a single physics including the both, and I could set the Floquet conditions for both u and V in one node.

So how can I do this in version 5.1?
I know that maybe I could use pointwise or weak constraints to achieve that, but it becomes more complicated than previous versions, which is unreasonable...
Or is there another way?

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 12 déc. 2016, 06:48 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ting-Wei Liu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.