Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geomechanics module: what model is better for lightweight expanded clay aggregate material?

Giovanni Giansiracusa

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody.
I need to model compression of a lightweight expanded clay aggregate material. I'm not so expert of rocks mechanics and I'm looking for information available in literature. I found different models, in particular the Hoek-Brown model and the cam-clay model, but I'm not sure what is the best model for my application.
I think that the Hoek-Brown material is easier to apply, but I'm afraid that it is only appliable to rock masses and not to aggregates (like in the attached); I'm not sure for the possible use of cam-clay as well.

Can anybody help me about this choice?

I attach a photo of the material for further clarity and for other information this is the webpage of the material: www.weber.es/soluciones-ligeras-con-arlitareg-lecareg/soluciones/arlitareg-lecareg/arlitaregnbsplecareg-solar.html

Thank you for the attention,
Giovanni

0 Replies Last Post 29 nov. 2016, 04:52 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giovanni Giansiracusa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.