Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set fatigue module in COMSOL 5.2 properly ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to make fatigue study simulation on my simple 3D model. I know exact parameters for this study:

- compressive load (about 700 N) on upper, flat surface (shown in picture 1)
- fixed constraint on lower, concave surface (shown in picture 2)
- 2 mln cycles (or less if it's not possible)
- material: PMMA or ceramics
- as a result I need information how many cycles can my model wihtstand before it breaks

The problem is that I've never used Fatigue Module and I don't know how to set these parameters in it. I would be very grateful for instructions how to do it.

Thanks and regards,
Michalina

1 Reply Last Post 2 déc. 2016, 04:17 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2 déc. 2016, 04:17 UTC−5
Hi Michalina,

please have a look at our examples in the application library of COMSOL. I would suggest to start with the models in the folder "Fatigue Module -> Stress Based" particularly the files "rim fatigue" and "shaft with fillet". For your convenience, I also attached screenshots to this message to point out the location of these files. This should give you a good starting point to implement your own geometry.

Best regards,
Tomasz Krupicz
Comsol Multiphysics GmbH
Hi Michalina, please have a look at our examples in the application library of COMSOL. I would suggest to start with the models in the folder "Fatigue Module -> Stress Based" particularly the files "rim fatigue" and "shaft with fillet". For your convenience, I also attached screenshots to this message to point out the location of these files. This should give you a good starting point to implement your own geometry. Best regards, Tomasz Krupicz Comsol Multiphysics GmbH

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.