Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling structural mechanics and electrodynamics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey all,
I am trying to use the results of a structural simulation (a split ring resonator on a PDMS substrate) as the template for a electromag simulation (frequency domain). Thus far I have figured out how to get a stretching of the PDMS substrate by a prescribed displacement to get a deformed geometry but I cannot get the electromag solver to use the newly deformed geometry. I have coupled in the moving mesh node but nothing has changed.

I have tried to export the deformed mesh but each time I do, I get an error about a variable in a Jacobian being undefined.

If anyone has some insight or has worked on something similar I would greatly appreciate any advice in this matter.

Best,
Max

1 Reply Last Post 15 août 2016, 11:08 UTC−4
Mao COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 15 août 2016, 11:08 UTC−4
Dear Max,

If you have an active trial or a license that is on subscription, you can contact COMSOL support team at support@comsol.com.

Please feel free to discuss your simulations with other users on the forum, too.

Best regards,

Mao Mao, PhD
COMSOL, Inc.
Dear Max, If you have an active trial or a license that is on subscription, you can contact COMSOL support team at support@comsol.com. Please feel free to discuss your simulations with other users on the forum, too. Best regards, Mao Mao, PhD COMSOL, Inc.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.