Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set a certain 3-D region to temperature const in a instant time range?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am using comsol to solve heat conduction problems. I want to set the temperature of a certain 3-D region to be constant. But I can only find a constant-temperature condition for boundaries, rather than 3-D regions. How can I achieve this,please? Thanks!

3 Replies Last Post 25 juil. 2016, 20:48 UTC−4

Posted: 8 years ago 22 juil. 2016, 11:40 UTC−4
On internal boundary of domain selected zone boundary setting to constant temperature will take care. However there should not be any heat generation/removal in zone.
On internal boundary of domain selected zone boundary setting to constant temperature will take care. However there should not be any heat generation/removal in zone.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 22 juil. 2016, 13:12 UTC−4
Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by 'zone', but if it is some kind of region which is not equal to a set of boundaries (or domains) you can find a discussion about how to apply such boundary conditions in this blog post:

www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-make-boundary-conditions-conditional-in-your-simulation/

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, I am not sure what you mean by 'zone', but if it is some kind of region which is not equal to a set of boundaries (or domains) you can find a discussion about how to apply such boundary conditions in this blog post: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-make-boundary-conditions-conditional-in-your-simulation/ Regards, Henrik

Posted: 8 years ago 25 juil. 2016, 20:48 UTC−4
Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your reply. In fact I want to set a certain 3-D region to constant temperature, rather than boundary condition. Is there any solution, please?

Thanks.

Ren
Hi Henrik, Thanks for your reply. In fact I want to set a certain 3-D region to constant temperature, rather than boundary condition. Is there any solution, please? Thanks. Ren

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.