Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to get correct pressure equation to generate oscillatory fluid flow inside a rigid pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am solving FSI problem and flowing fluid is deforming the solid. I have fluid pressure values experimentally measured on the left and right side of solid structure. (fluid pressure around the inlet section and outlet section of the pipe). Outlet condition is simple Dirichlet condition to be 0 Pa pressure at the outlet. It is a laminar flow with Womersley number around 7. The fluid flow is oscillatory in nature.
I calculated mean pressure and pressure amplitude by using the experimental values. The formula that I used for this calculation is stated below:
P(t)= P (mean) + P(amplitude) *cos(wt) (time dependent)

However, my calculated value of mean and amplitude of pressure is not satisfying the equation and hence the pressure value is always positive.Due to this, there is no reversal of fluid direction and the fluid flow direction is always forward. Please guide me with the right method of calculation for mean and amplitude of pressure. Or if my pressure expression/BC needs some correction. Your help is appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 20 juil. 2016, 18:14 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sajiree Vaidya

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.