Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

time scale issue when using optical pulse

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All

Now I have an optical pulse which lasts a few of micro seconds, while the peak occurs at a few of femto seconds after onset of the pulse. Temperature reaches a high value at the peak and gradually reduces back to room temperature at the end of the pulse. I want to see the temperature variation along with the pulse, which means that I need to plot temperature at femto second scale, pico second scale, nanosecond scale, and microsecond scale. At this moment, what I did is to set up a study 1 for femto second period first. Then setting up a study 2 for pico second scale whose initial values are the last solution of femto second period. Then setting up a study 3 for nano second period whose initial values are the last solution of pico second period. Therefore, I need to solve four times in sequence in order to cross the femto second to micro second scale. I did try to defind time range as 0:a few of femto seconds:a few of micro seconds in order to use only one study to get the all solution, but obviously it is beyond of the memory limits. Can anyone suggest a better way to find out the temperature variation along with such a hugh time scale by only solving the model once? Many thanks.

best regards
Lei

0 Replies Last Post 5 juin 2016, 14:51 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lei Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.