Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to get the iv graph? final year project about geometrical analysis of silicon solar cell using comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Someone please help me with my final year project about geometrical analysis of silicon solar cell using comsol. i couldnt get the iv graph... and i need to vary parameter, change the material and the shape of the contact.. please help me.. :'(.. really appreciate those who reply.. thanks.

3 Replies Last Post 28 mai 2016, 11:18 UTC−4

Posted: 8 years ago 8 mai 2016, 10:45 UTC−4
Hi there ,
You can do these following steps

1) Do a stationary study type , Define some parameters in the the definitions heading ( ex - mat for material or any other name you want )

2) use ec ( electric currents ) physics interface and under it use terminal as supply ( use either current or voltage as source) . Terminals allow us to calculate directly current or voltage at the output , which can then be used in 1 D plot

3) Use auxiliary sweep in which you will vary your defined parameter name " mat " and give a range to sweep limit

4) under results click 1 D plot group under which click global plots>> terminals>> choose current or voltage as ur output ( u have already applied one of the above as your input )
It will give you a plot .

5) take help from prerecorded webneirs available in the comsol website , it contains many tutorials .

Hope above steps help
Good luck
Atanu
Hi there , You can do these following steps 1) Do a stationary study type , Define some parameters in the the definitions heading ( ex - mat for material or any other name you want ) 2) use ec ( electric currents ) physics interface and under it use terminal as supply ( use either current or voltage as source) . Terminals allow us to calculate directly current or voltage at the output , which can then be used in 1 D plot 3) Use auxiliary sweep in which you will vary your defined parameter name " mat " and give a range to sweep limit 4) under results click 1 D plot group under which click global plots>> terminals>> choose current or voltage as ur output ( u have already applied one of the above as your input ) It will give you a plot . 5) take help from prerecorded webneirs available in the comsol website , it contains many tutorials . Hope above steps help Good luck Atanu

Posted: 8 years ago 8 mai 2016, 11:31 UTC−4
hey..

thanx for the useful steps.. i will look forward onto it..
if there any probs, can i message u personally..

thanks shibu ghosh
hey.. thanx for the useful steps.. i will look forward onto it.. if there any probs, can i message u personally.. thanks shibu ghosh

Posted: 8 years ago 28 mai 2016, 11:18 UTC−4
I am also a beginner just like you and trying to learn COMSOL from tutorials available on net . yes u can feel free to mail me , my mail ID ag4506@gmail.com
I am also a beginner just like you and trying to learn COMSOL from tutorials available on net . yes u can feel free to mail me , my mail ID ag4506@gmail.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.