Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Wavefront simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I'm quite new to COMSOL and I'm trying to simulate the effect of curved surface (which I change using the structural mechanics module) on the reflection of a plane wave.
I can't find a way to plot the wavefront of the EM wave reflected from the curved surface.
Can anyone help me with that or give me a hint?

Thank you,
Andrey

2 Replies Last Post 13 mars 2016, 03:13 UTC−4

Posted: 8 years ago 10 mars 2016, 12:38 UTC−5
in the EM study, you can use scattered field formulation. By defining a background field, for example, a plane wave in travelling in the -y direction, Ez=exp(j*k0*y), you can obtain the scattered field, which is your reflected wave.
in the EM study, you can use scattered field formulation. By defining a background field, for example, a plane wave in travelling in the -y direction, Ez=exp(j*k0*y), you can obtain the scattered field, which is your reflected wave.

Posted: 8 years ago 13 mars 2016, 03:13 UTC−4
Ok, Thank you.

Do you know if I can select any volume and plot a 3D surface inside this volume under some condition (e.g same phase)?

Thank you,
Andrey
Ok, Thank you. Do you know if I can select any volume and plot a 3D surface inside this volume under some condition (e.g same phase)? Thank you, Andrey

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.