Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can the comsol use an image to set up a model?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have got an image( in black and white) from my experiment, I want to make an model with the image not to just simplify the model with "circles", I heard about that comsol can do this ( transfer image to model), but I don't know how to do it. Please do me a favor. Thanks a lot!

4 Replies Last Post 7 janv. 2016, 09:16 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 6 janv. 2016, 11:55 UTC−5
Hello Chen,
There are at least a couple of approaches you can follow.
The following links should put you on the right track:
www.comsol.com/products/4.2a#dataimport
www.comsol.com/model/pore-scale-flow-488
Best,
Jeff
Hello Chen, There are at least a couple of approaches you can follow. The following links should put you on the right track: http://www.comsol.com/products/4.2a#dataimport http://www.comsol.com/model/pore-scale-flow-488 Best, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 7 janv. 2016, 05:21 UTC−5
Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for your reply, do you have some guide book to help to set up the model and do the simulation step by step?

Best regards,

Chen
Dear Jeff, Thank you very much for your reply, do you have some guide book to help to set up the model and do the simulation step by step? Best regards, Chen

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 7 janv. 2016, 08:50 UTC−5
Hi Chen,
The pdf file found at the second link above includes step by step instructions.
As to why you follow those steps, I'd have to point you to the manuals for the software, which are accessed through the File>Help>Documentation menu. In particular, to gain a general understanding of the workflow, I would suggest reading (and working through the exercises contained in) the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics, and browsing through the Reference Manual. Alternatively, various webinars, videos, blogs as well as brick-and-mortar workshops and training courses are available to accelerate your learning curve.
Best,
Jeff
Hi Chen, The pdf file found at the second link above includes step by step instructions. As to why you follow those steps, I'd have to point you to the manuals for the software, which are accessed through the File>Help>Documentation menu. In particular, to gain a general understanding of the workflow, I would suggest reading (and working through the exercises contained in) the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics, and browsing through the Reference Manual. Alternatively, various webinars, videos, blogs as well as brick-and-mortar workshops and training courses are available to accelerate your learning curve. Best, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 7 janv. 2016, 09:16 UTC−5
Dear Jeff,

That's great, thank you very much!

Best regards,

LI Chen
Dear Jeff, That's great, thank you very much! Best regards, LI Chen

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.