Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I select a 8-nodes brick element in Comsol 5.1?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to mesh a femur with hexahedrons, but I am not able to do it, since Comsol uses tetrahedral elements by default. I cannot use the sweep feature due to the geometry. Could someone please help me.

Best wishes, Murat

2 Replies Last Post 6 janv. 2016, 11:17 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 6 janv. 2016, 10:15 UTC−5
Hello Murat,
With few exceptions, brick elements in COMSOL are created by sweeps. Rather complex geometries can still be meshed with brick elements by "breaking them up" into several regions that each can be meshed by sweeps. Chapter 8 in the Reference Manual, version 5.2, contains useful examples.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Murat, With few exceptions, brick elements in COMSOL are created by sweeps. Rather complex geometries can still be meshed with brick elements by "breaking them up" into several regions that each can be meshed by sweeps. Chapter 8 in the Reference Manual, version 5.2, contains useful examples. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 6 janv. 2016, 11:17 UTC−5
Hello Jeff,

thank you very much for your suggestion. I will try what you have said.

Best wishes,
Murat
Hello Jeff, thank you very much for your suggestion. I will try what you have said. Best wishes, Murat

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.