Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

drawing the cross section of an induction motor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello... i want to draw the cross section of the induction motor with all the slots in stator and rotor. i have attached an image of the structure. please help me drawing this. i am not being able to do it in my comsol multiphysics 4.4 version. is it possible to draw it in some other software and import it? its been told but i am not being able to import diagrams from catia and creo.

2 Replies Last Post 6 déc. 2015, 02:44 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 30 nov. 2015, 09:00 UTC−5
Hello Bandita,
COMSOL offers a number of option products to import geometries created in CAD programs. You can find out more about their capabilities at this link:
www.comsol.com/products/specifications/cad/
To see which of these products are included on your license, in the version 4.4 COMSOL graphical user interface, go to File> Licensed and Used Products.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Bandita, COMSOL offers a number of option products to import geometries created in CAD programs. You can find out more about their capabilities at this link: http://www.comsol.com/products/specifications/cad/ To see which of these products are included on your license, in the version 4.4 COMSOL graphical user interface, go to File> Licensed and Used Products. Best, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 6 déc. 2015, 02:44 UTC−5
I tried the livelink option for creo parametric 2.0. but when I tried to synchronise an error message appeared.
Failed to connect to Creo Parametric.

Please check the PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE environment variable is set correctly before launching COMSOL.
I have also attached the screenshot. please help me in importong file to comsol from creo parametric.
I tried the livelink option for creo parametric 2.0. but when I tried to synchronise an error message appeared. Failed to connect to Creo Parametric. Please check the PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE environment variable is set correctly before launching COMSOL. I have also attached the screenshot. please help me in importong file to comsol from creo parametric.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.