Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

unexpected unit of input in solid mechanic

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, all. I want to simulate dynamic problem with adding physics of "solid mechanic" and study of " time-dependent". I want to setup boundary load with 25*sin(w*t), where "w" is frequency, which is 0.75 [s-1]; however, it show "unexpected unit of input".
Did anyone one know what unit is conflict with time ( t[s] ) in solid mechanic?

3 Replies Last Post 18 sept. 2016, 05:55 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 20 nov. 2015, 08:39 UTC−5
Careful! In 3D, by default, w is the displacement in the z direction, and its dimension is a length. Better pick some other name for your angular frequency!
Besides, 2*cos(omega*t) is a scalar, whereas 2[N/m^2]*cos(omega*t) is a pressure.
Jeff
Careful! In 3D, by default, w is the displacement in the z direction, and its dimension is a length. Better pick some other name for your angular frequency! Besides, 2*cos(omega*t) is a scalar, whereas 2[N/m^2]*cos(omega*t) is a pressure. Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 2 févr. 2016, 15:14 UTC−5
got it, the problem has been figured out. Thanks

Best regard
got it, the problem has been figured out. Thanks Best regard

Posted: 8 years ago 18 sept. 2016, 05:55 UTC−4
Hi
using the version 5.2, in the variable expression i try to use sinh(phi) or cosh(phi) and give them a name , the unit of (phi) is the volt wich is the variable of electrostatic module, but the color is orange and show ''unexpected unit of input'' so i can't use it in boundary condition ad i can't solve my problem
Appreciate much for your help!!
Hi using the version 5.2, in the variable expression i try to use sinh(phi) or cosh(phi) and give them a name , the unit of (phi) is the volt wich is the variable of electrostatic module, but the color is orange and show ''unexpected unit of input'' so i can't use it in boundary condition ad i can't solve my problem Appreciate much for your help!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.