Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set the viscosity of the solid material during the process of solid-liquid phase

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I major in heat storagy of PCM melting process ( solid to liquid phase ). And I have a problem in my field.

Do I need to set the viscosity of the solid material as large as 1e8 Pa*s or just as the same as liquid phase

( 0.024 Pa*s ) ?

But in the sample of CONTINUOUS CASTING, the viscosity of solid Alloy is the same as the liquid one.

Any tips and help will be great. Could you give me a hand ?

Best wishes to you!

My e-mail: howie572502967@163.com

1 Reply Last Post 17 nov. 2015, 05:41 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 17 nov. 2015, 05:41 UTC−5
Hi,

You need to include the whole domain solid+liquid in a fluid flow physic and assign a domain (solid one) with a viscosity of 10^8 Pa*s and overwrite with an other domaine (liquid one) with 0.024 Pa*s.
These domaines have to be called in the heat transfert with phase change in phase 1 -> solid and phase 2 -> liquid.

Hope it helps

Best regards

Julien
Hi, You need to include the whole domain solid+liquid in a fluid flow physic and assign a domain (solid one) with a viscosity of 10^8 Pa*s and overwrite with an other domaine (liquid one) with 0.024 Pa*s. These domaines have to be called in the heat transfert with phase change in phase 1 -> solid and phase 2 -> liquid. Hope it helps Best regards Julien

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.