Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sound absorption coefficient for perforated panel.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, everyone.
I have a problem that I don’t really know.
I ‘m trying to evaluate the absorption coefficient for perforated panel into impedance tube.
So, I made some simulation of cylinder impedance tube to computer the absorption coefficient.
And, I confirmed that the theoretical and experimental results match very well.
The fundamental Frequency of COMSOL is consistent with the frequency of the theory and experiment.
However, the amplitude of COMSOL is lower than the amplitude of theory.
It can be possible to solve this problem by increasing the pressure amplitude but it work the problem get back.
Please see the attached PDF file.
Does someone can help me what is missing?

Thank you in advance.

Hwa Young-Song

2 Replies Last Post 11 juil. 2016, 01:13 UTC−4

Posted: 9 years ago 18 nov. 2015, 10:17 UTC−5
Hi
I want to ask you some questions about the simulation. I have made some simulation about the porous materials in the impedance tube. But the sound absorption coefficient is negative. Can you check my model ?
Thank you !
Hi I want to ask you some questions about the simulation. I have made some simulation about the porous materials in the impedance tube. But the sound absorption coefficient is negative. Can you check my model ? Thank you !

Posted: 8 years ago 11 juil. 2016, 01:13 UTC−4
Hi~~
I'm the student from National Taiwan University.
My subject is also needed to build impedance tube for acoustic absorption under water condition.
But we have the same problem.
That's our experiment results didn't match the simulation.
So I curious ,after one year later.
Have you solved the problem yet??
Or you're still working on this project.
I deeply hope you can reply this message, if you're willing to do so.
That can help us very much.
Hi~~ I'm the student from National Taiwan University. My subject is also needed to build impedance tube for acoustic absorption under water condition. But we have the same problem. That's our experiment results didn't match the simulation. So I curious ,after one year later. Have you solved the problem yet?? Or you're still working on this project. I deeply hope you can reply this message, if you're willing to do so. That can help us very much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.