Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unable to get LiveLink MatLab to run on 4.0a with update to 4.0.0.993

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I can't get LiveLink to run with Matlab. I don't get a "COMSOL with MATLAB" icon as I had with version 3.5a. I have installed many times, no good.

In the install log I noted that it tries to read the registry for version 7.4 (my matlab version). It goes to the right place in the registry but it reports a "null" result for the MATLABROOT location. I checked the registry and the value is present and it corresponds to the directory location I indicated during the install for the MatLab rootl (eg, C:\program files\Matlab\R2007a). I don't know if this is why it doesn't work but it is the only oddity I could detect.

I also have tried starting it with various ways from a DOS command line, eg, "\bin\win64\comsol.exe matlab" , but it hangs and never opens COMSOL, although it will open MATLAB. Even with the patch update from .982 to .993. If I update with the patch I can't also go back and try to reinstall LiveLink or it overwrites the new files.

1 Reply Last Post 11 sept. 2010, 15:17 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 sept. 2010, 15:17 UTC−4
Hi

I hope it is not that it's no longer compatible with a 3 year old Matlab, we too (PS I'm not at COMSOL just an user as us other here) have serious issues on keeping our matlabs maintained, it costs us to much !

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I hope it is not that it's no longer compatible with a 3 year old Matlab, we too (PS I'm not at COMSOL just an user as us other here) have serious issues on keeping our matlabs maintained, it costs us to much ! -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.