Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

geometry drawing (rendering) problems. comsol 3.5 with matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm using 3.5a because I have some well programmed old code with it.

However, I found a problem about drawing geometry. The geometry was first drawn in matlab and converted to comsol using "geomcsg". I have a very complex structure, so the "geomcsg" is very unstable, sometime not giving right subdomains. For example, it consider two physically separated domains as one domain.

I further investigate and found the two figures attached: matlab break a straight line into small edges, and these will result to small faces in comsol (as attached).

Above is actually two problems, and I think it's maybe the 2nd problem casued the 1st, and the 2nd really damage meshing.

Anyone knows how to fix any of this problems?

1 Reply Last Post 22 oct. 2015, 16:23 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 22 oct. 2015, 16:23 UTC−4
Anyone knows?

Thanks.
Anyone knows? Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.