Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Developing a 3D Undulating Geometric Surface Using Comsol Multiphysics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been trying to develop a 3-dimensional undulating surface in the x-direction. Find attached a figure explaining my geometry. If someone have any idea on how to develop this geometry. I will be happy to know. The Geometry is a hemisphere with an undulating surface along the flat plane. Thank you.

3 Replies Last Post 9 oct. 2015, 15:53 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 9 oct. 2015, 13:25 UTC−4
You can use a Parametric Surface node for this purpose.
Best regards,
Jeff
You can use a Parametric Surface node for this purpose. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 9 oct. 2015, 13:33 UTC−4
I try using the parametric surface. The parametric surface is not behaving like a solid so I can enforce a boundary condition over the surface. The hemisphere is a solid.
I try using the parametric surface. The parametric surface is not behaving like a solid so I can enforce a boundary condition over the surface. The hemisphere is a solid.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 9 oct. 2015, 15:53 UTC−4
Updated: 5 years ago 31 janv. 2019, 09:40 UTC−5
The idea is to use the parametric surface to partition a sphere into two chunks, one of which you then delete.
Best,
Jeff
The idea is to use the parametric surface to partition a sphere into two chunks, one of which you then delete. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.