Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using temperature at a given point of the geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm using the Diffusive Surface function in COMSOL. For the ambient temperature, i want to use a temperature at a given location(x,y,z) instead of the default value 293.15K. What I did was just simply replace 293.15 by T(x0,y0,z0). When I compute the stationary study, an error pops out and says 'unknown function or operator'. How can I solve this issue?

Thanks!

3 Replies Last Post 15 sept. 2015, 20:57 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 10 sept. 2015, 20:27 UTC−4
Hello Zhenhuan,
You can define an integration component coupling at the point (xo,yo,zo) and call it with the argument T. See Reference Guide, version 5.1, page 277 and following.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Zhenhuan, You can define an integration component coupling at the point (xo,yo,zo) and call it with the argument T. See Reference Guide, version 5.1, page 277 and following. Best, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 15 sept. 2015, 18:59 UTC−4
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response. Could you be more specific about which Reference Guide I need to look for?

Thanks,
Zhenhuan Xu
Hi Jeff, Thank you for your response. Could you be more specific about which Reference Guide I need to look for? Thanks, Zhenhuan Xu

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 15 sept. 2015, 20:57 UTC−4
I meant to say the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual for version 5.1, accessed through File>Help>Documentation. Use the pdf version of that manual to look for page 277.
Jeff
I meant to say the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual for version 5.1, accessed through File>Help>Documentation. Use the pdf version of that manual to look for page 277. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.