Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Helix with managable ends

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there. Im fairly new to Comsol. I am trying to model an evaporation champer of an absorption chiller. I descided to model the geometry in Comsol, since i have a load of import problems from Creo 2.0(study version). My problem at the moment(im sure i will have more problems) is, that the cooling cirkut cosist of two spirals made of cobber. Now i have used the Helix to create the spirals, the problem is now, how to i control where the end stops, so that i can stop it 180 degrees off of the inlet, and hopefully make a sweep to return to the flange where the pipe/spiral/helix starts. Hope someone can help me.
The pictures show how i would like the model to look like. The picture is from creo.
Kristian

4 Replies Last Post 20 janv. 2017, 07:21 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago 10 sept. 2015, 02:02 UTC−4
Hi

Isnt that the "number" of turns of the Helix ? (in my 5.1 it seems so)

For your construction I would draw the central line and sweep along it. with workplaes at the end of the helix you can draw your 90° elbows easily.

Probably the "design" module would improve and ease the 3D handling as it incorporates far more of the third party Parasolid primitives (that is, I believe, the main cost behind the module ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Isnt that the "number" of turns of the Helix ? (in my 5.1 it seems so) For your construction I would draw the central line and sweep along it. with workplaes at the end of the helix you can draw your 90° elbows easily. Probably the "design" module would improve and ease the 3D handling as it incorporates far more of the third party Parasolid primitives (that is, I believe, the main cost behind the module ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 10 sept. 2015, 07:05 UTC−4
Hi Ivar.

Yes it was exactly as u describe, it works perfectly and was actually very easy once i figured out how to control it :).

Thank you :)

Kristian
Hi Ivar. Yes it was exactly as u describe, it works perfectly and was actually very easy once i figured out how to control it :). Thank you :) Kristian

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago 10 sept. 2015, 07:54 UTC−4
Youre welcome

COMSOL is mostly like that, everythin (lamost) is somewhere in there, and so easy once you know, but until you learn .... frustration passes by

--
Have fun COMSOLing
Ivar
Youre welcome COMSOL is mostly like that, everythin (lamost) is somewhere in there, and so easy once you know, but until you learn .... frustration passes by -- Have fun COMSOLing Ivar

Posted: 7 years ago 20 janv. 2017, 07:21 UTC−5
Hi Kristian Pedersen and Ivar
I want to build helix with straight ends from centre. I am not able to do it. Can you please help me how to do it.

Thank you
Hi Kristian Pedersen and Ivar I want to build helix with straight ends from centre. I am not able to do it. Can you please help me how to do it. Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.