Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

backward particle traking

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
In my simulation, I often have more data at the endpoint than at the starting point.
So, I want to know that is it applicable to do the backward particle tracking in order to find the most likely origin of the particles? (I want to couple my fluid flow model with particle tracing using massless formulation)
I know if, for example by imposinh the negative sign to the velocity, then it is possible to track the particles in the opposite direction. But is it applicable to impose for comsol to go back in time in the fluid flow model? I mean is there any reversing the flow configuration in transient study also for the particle tracing in comsol?
Hope to hear your answers.
Thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post 26 août 2015, 11:09 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sepideh Ramezani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.