Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

heat transfer in solids. convergence problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i have a simple rectangle(1m x 1 m) in 2d , with top and bottom faces insulated. the left face remains at 0 k, at the right face i give a heat flux of 100 w/m^2.the depth is 1m, mesh is physics defined(normal). i use a stationary solver , but the solution is not converging.

i tried ramping up the load,increasing number of iterations, using finer mesh, using a time dependent solver, but didnt help.

the error says maximum number of newton iterations reached, solution not converged.
please help..............

0 Replies Last Post 2 août 2015, 10:13 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Murugappan R

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.