Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Speeding up post processing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to populate a 3D velocity vector field. Anytime I change the time period I literally sit here for about 15 mins while the file re-plots. My file is 22 Gb in size, but the problem I believe comes from COMSOL only utilizing 1 CORE! I have a 8 core CPU computer with 128 Gb of RAM. The actual simulation only took 6 hours, but for some reason COMSOL is only utilizing the single core. I am using COMSOL 5.1, my OS is windows 7. Does anyone know how to increase the core usage during post processing? Is it possible at all (even in linux)? Any help is appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 20 juil. 2015, 11:11 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jason Lerch

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.