Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling Electrostatic, Structural and Acoustics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently trying to couple 3 different physics for my electrostatic transducer. The coupling works in the following mode: Bias or static mode and time harmonic / frequency response mode.

For bias mode:
Electrostatic is used to bias the membrane at 300V, this have been performed independently with Electrostatic and Stuctural coupling, using the moving mesh, with boundary edge load set at stuctural to be Fes_nTr_emes, Fes_nTz_emes.

For frequency response/time harmonics:
However, I am stuck on the second mode, the time harmoning for a fully couple system which uses the small signal analysis (SSA) I am using the beam example for the SSA.

The main problem that is the last copling between the acoustics and the stuctural.

For Stuctural -> Acoustics (I am using the stuctural accelelation) : nR_smaxi*uaxi_tt_smaxi+nZ_smaxi*w_tt_smaxi

For Acoustic -> Stuctural (I am using the pressure and inserted in to the boundry (edge load) : nr_acpr*p2

However, since the same edge load is also used for the small signal analysis load (Fes_nTr_emes, Fes_nTz_emes), I am a bit puzzle here. Should I add the pressure to the Fes, or minus the pressure from Fes or is there any other way that I could do the final coupling for the fluid load.

I have tried to add and remove the load from Fes by doing the following such as:
Fes_nTr_emes +/- nr_acpr*p2

but it does not give me the frequency response that I am expecting.

I hope somebody could help me in this.

2 Replies Last Post 2 déc. 2013, 04:12 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 août 2010, 13:25 UTC−4
Hi,

Anybody could help out in this matter? I am still figuring on how to fully coupled the physics. And make sure that it make sense....

Anybody have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks
Hi, Anybody could help out in this matter? I am still figuring on how to fully coupled the physics. And make sure that it make sense.... Anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 déc. 2013, 04:12 UTC−5
DID you get the answer to this question???
I am also trying acoustic-structural-electrostatic coupling
saurabh.mech.ism@gmail.com
DID you get the answer to this question??? I am also trying acoustic-structural-electrostatic coupling saurabh.mech.ism@gmail.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.