Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat expansion simulation for SOFC

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I have a problem. I am quite new to COMSOL and currently trying to simulate how a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell will expand during the heating up and cooling down. So far, I have managed to find the thermal stresses induced at room temp and at the operating temperature. I am struggling with setting up the heating up and cooling down process. Could anyone please advise me?

I think there must be a function for it somewhere, I just cannot find it. I thought about using some kind of step increase function but don't know how to do that.

The heating up time is 800s and it starts at RT and finishes at 700°C.

I would like the results to show how the stress changes with time and temperature.

Thank you,

Miroslav

0 Replies Last Post 2 juil. 2015, 07:40 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Miroslav Kolbl

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.