Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

LiveLink compatibles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

What version of SolidWorks is being supported by LiveLink in 4.0a version of COMSOL?
"The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" i have this message right after i press Synchronize button, does this mean i have wrong SolidWorks version or else?

6 Replies Last Post 3 nov. 2010, 03:54 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 août 2010, 01:31 UTC−4
Hi

I have used SW 2009SP4.1 and 2010sp3.1, currently testing 2010_sp4.1 (for today ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have used SW 2009SP4.1 and 2010sp3.1, currently testing 2010_sp4.1 (for today ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 août 2010, 02:16 UTC−4
Thanks for reply. And what does this "The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" mean then? I had installed SolidWorks before COMSOL btw, and followed instructions from help.
Thanks for reply. And what does this "The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" mean then? I had installed SolidWorks before COMSOL btw, and followed instructions from help.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 août 2010, 03:19 UTC−4
Hi

not sure i o not have that message, have you checked the SW tools add-ins and that LiveLink is checked (active and at alunch ? (at least one is required)

which version of SW do you ahve ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi not sure i o not have that message, have you checked the SW tools add-ins and that LiveLink is checked (active and at alunch ? (at least one is required) which version of SW do you ahve ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 nov. 2010, 13:32 UTC−4

What version of SolidWorks is being supported by LiveLink in 4.0a version of COMSOL?
"The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" i have this message right after i press Synchronize button, does this mean i have wrong SolidWorks version or else?

Did you get an answer to this? I found KB1033 (www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1033/) and plan to try it as soon as my IT department gives me admin access. If that works I can report here... if you found another solution I'd appreciate a hint.

Dave
[QUOTE] What version of SolidWorks is being supported by LiveLink in 4.0a version of COMSOL? "The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" i have this message right after i press Synchronize button, does this mean i have wrong SolidWorks version or else? [/QUOTE] Did you get an answer to this? I found KB1033 (http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1033/) and plan to try it as soon as my IT department gives me admin access. If that works I can report here... if you found another solution I'd appreciate a hint. Dave

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 nov. 2010, 16:36 UTC−4

Did you get an answer to this? I found KB1033 (www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1033/) and plan to try it as soon as my IT department gives me admin access. If that works I can report here... if you found another solution I'd appreciate a hint.

Dave

That didn't seem to work. I got the following error when I tried the regsvr32 command:

"DllRegisterServer in C:\(path to cslivelinksw.dll) failed. Return code was: 0x80070005"

The later steps in the KB article talk about looking for the Add-in within SolidWorks, but the add-in does not show up on the list.

Dave
[QUOTE] [QUOTE] What version of SolidWorks is being supported by LiveLink in 4.0a version of COMSOL? "The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" i have this message right after i press Synchronize button, does this mean i have wrong SolidWorks version or else? [/QUOTE] Did you get an answer to this? I found KB1033 (http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1033/) and plan to try it as soon as my IT department gives me admin access. If that works I can report here... if you found another solution I'd appreciate a hint. Dave [/QUOTE] That didn't seem to work. I got the following error when I tried the regsvr32 command: "DllRegisterServer in C:\(path to cslivelinksw.dll) failed. Return code was: 0x80070005" The later steps in the KB article talk about looking for the Add-in within SolidWorks, but the add-in does not show up on the list. Dave

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 nov. 2010, 03:54 UTC−4
Sorry, dude. This solution worked fine to me.
Ivan
Sorry, dude. This solution worked fine to me. Ivan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.