Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Light source.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All

I intend to shine my photodetector structure by a light source.I am wondering whether comsol inclusively has any oriented-object as a light source or I need to define it by a new PDE.Could you hep me by introducing a help file or any other clues please?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Regards,
MS

3 Replies Last Post 14 mai 2014, 17:29 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 août 2010, 07:40 UTC−4
Hi

As such I do not believe you have any "light" source in COMSOL. This is not a "clickable engineering tool, it's really for solving "physics" with full access to the equations (finally), so you would need to define as an incindent wave with a given energy level (or voltage field that would be a direct COMSOL BC boundary condition)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi As such I do not believe you have any "light" source in COMSOL. This is not a "clickable engineering tool, it's really for solving "physics" with full access to the equations (finally), so you would need to define as an incindent wave with a given energy level (or voltage field that would be a direct COMSOL BC boundary condition) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 août 2010, 10:22 UTC−4
Hi

I think you are right.Furthermore, I have recently found out RFwaves library as a source to create different kind of waves.By the way I appreciate for your guidance.

Regards,
MS
Hi I think you are right.Furthermore, I have recently found out RFwaves library as a source to create different kind of waves.By the way I appreciate for your guidance. Regards, MS

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 mai 2014, 17:29 UTC−4
Hello,

Would you please let me know if you have succeeded in your photodetector simulation?. I am new in COMSOL and I should simulate Si photodetector. I think the best way is using COMSOL.

Would you please kindly send me some useful comment or links or even tutorial in the field of simulating photodetector using COMSOL?

Sincerely yours,
Maryam
Hello, Would you please let me know if you have succeeded in your photodetector simulation?. I am new in COMSOL and I should simulate Si photodetector. I think the best way is using COMSOL. Would you please kindly send me some useful comment or links or even tutorial in the field of simulating photodetector using COMSOL? Sincerely yours, Maryam

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.