Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RF-Mode Analysis- Electrostatic field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good afternoon everyone,
I'm a french student in an engineering school, and for an internship I need to use comsol. I have to study electro-optic's effect, and particularly modes at the exit of an light guide.
In electro-Optic the refractive index can be modified with an Electric field (An Electrostatic field).
I have defined a 2D Structure representing the sectional view of my waveguide. I apply with 2 electrods an electrostatic field on the structure , and I define a electromagnectic field which goes in the waveguide ( it represents the light guided).
But after compilation of the study, my potentiel is not as defined previously by the 2 electrods , and is really weird. (Like noise but with high magnitude), and then my electrostatic field too. ( and I need it to stay as defined)

Do you know why my Electrostatic field/potentiel is changing ? and How I can resolve this problem ?

0 Replies Last Post 22 mai 2015, 10:16 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jean Rottner

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.