Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems with implementing PML

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone!

I`m trying to implement PML in my Comsol model and have a question:

My model consist of vibrating plate (500*350*0.5[mm])with 0.5 m/s2 acceleration on the edges and I want to evaluate the power radiated through a surface which is 30mm above my plate (because my intention after is to evaluate the radiated power at the sufrace of a porous material, 30mm thicker,placed on the top of the plate)
the simulation is done with a range of frequency(10-1000Hz). However, at some frequencies especially low frequencies, the power has negative values which does not make any sense.
Even though I change the scaling factor and PML scaling curvature parameter , I still have the same problems but for other frequencies.
I would be greatfull for you help
Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 13 nov. 2016, 20:37 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bentizza Jamal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 13 nov. 2016, 20:37 UTC−5
hello

I have the same problem, did you solve it?

Thank you very much
hello I have the same problem, did you solve it? Thank you very much

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.