Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cartesian coordinates transform into a cylindrical coordinates but moving the origin for 2D piezoacoustic model

Fernando Augusto Quiceno Buitrago

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all.
I’m working on a 2D piezoacoustic model. This model has three different sections of curved PVDF piezoelectric film, arranged in line, one beside the other over the x axis. One of those sections is centered on (0,0) but the others are on each side of that centered section.
For the correctly assignation of the material polarization (radial direction), I used the coordinate transform described on the tutorial “Spherical Piezoacoustic Transducer” which defines the radial direction of the domain as the direction of polarization. That transform is centered on (0,0) and that works very well for the film section that is on (0,0), however the side ones are not well polarized, and off course, it makes the model fail.
For that, I need to know how can I create a base vector system in which I can transform the Cartesian coordinates into a cylindrical coordinates but moving the origin to, for example (5,0).

It would be very appreciated if you could give me some hints.

0 Replies Last Post 11 mai 2015, 18:19 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fernando Augusto Quiceno Buitrago

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.